1. Stop feeling entitled… Self entitlement feeling that your owed something, that because I did this or did that before that I’m automatically entitled to the success or things I want now or in the future.
Nobody owes us anything and the world owes us nothing, the world won’t magically hand you what it is you seek, we get what we want through action and persistence of that action over and over again.
Feeling like your owed will waste your own energy and time, and stop you going after what you want.
2. Self doubt and criticism.. Doubt and being self critical are two things that will cripple you from going after what you want from life, thinking you don’t match up, I’m not as good, if I was just this or that!!
I’m harder on myself than any person ever could be, I’ve held myself back from a lot of things before because of doubt.
Realising that in the broad scheme of things nobody actually really cares anyway, this can help you see things differently and go after the things you want.
Stop doubting yourself this year, and give yourself a pat instead of a hard time.
3. Stress, worry, overthinking.. Our minds are constantly working overtime thinking about all the things that need to be done or could go wrong, we waste time worrying about what people think, say, and are doing.
Again nobody really gives a fuck so stop worrying so much about things that don’t really matter! People will always have an opinion and that’s allowed just don’t dwell on the things that don’t make you feel and think better.
Life is what you make it, you have the ability to change anything you want and it all starts with how your thinking and feeling. Stress worry and anxiety are all processes of the mind, the thoughts we have. Read and watch and listen to the things that will help you change those negative thoughts, not the things that will enhance them!
4. Not setting goals or having a plan.. For a lot us we don’t know what we want from life we very rarely sit down map out or make a plan, with no destination, no map can help you get there, then it can seem like we are going round in circles.
Decide what it is you would like to see have or improve. Is it health, work, relationship, money, travel, the list goes on and it will be personal to you but think about it and make a plan of how you can go about changing it.
It’s not going to happen overnight so be consistent make adjustments if needed, but if it really means something to you then dedicate the time and energy needed to help you get it.
5. Settling.. Stop settling for second best or accepting things you know aren’t in line with what you want or who you are. We get comfortable and it’s usually when things get harder, then we settle, we think what’s the point things are ok the way it is. That comfort zone dilemma were we accept things that don’t serve us, just because the thought of being uncomfortable to push on is scary!
Like everything we get little from our comfort zones, the shape you want to be in won’t carve itself, you have to work for it, sacrifice for it and get uncomfortable.
This year don’t settle until you acehive what it is you want, ask the questions, read, listen, learn do whatever it takes to help you have the things you want from life in 2018.
Stop settling when you know your worth more, stop belittling your ambitions or goals because of what someone else thinks or says. One life one chance it’s down to you and nobody else!